[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2051: Support for booklet printing

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Oct 24 04:42:36 PDT 2006

Jörg Gottschlich wrote:
> [STR New]
>
> It would be nice to have support for booklet printing in cups, i.e.
> rearranging the pages like the old psbook-utility did.
>
> I know it is still possible to use this one, but it's an extra step, less
> comfortable and - at least here - it adds an additional margin around the
> pages.
>
> Better would be to just have another "-o"-Option, e.g. -o booklet (like -o
> landscape).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2051
> Version:  -feature

I am planning to implement this into the "alternate pstops" filter,
but it takes some time to
a) keep compatibility with both CUPS 1.1.x and 1.2.x,
and
b) implement mutual exclusion with similar native printer
    options (there are high level production printers which
    support booklet printing).

I guess perhaps as a christmas gift or shortly after, so be patient.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung