[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #2054: %%EOF and %%EndDocument should notbe appended %%EOF and %%EndDocument should not be appended to thePostScript document

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Thu Oct 26 06:05:26 PDT 2006

Graham Freeman wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt response.  Can you tell me where you mean the
> "-oraw" to be specified?  CUPS is set running automatically when the
> machine boots up.  Printing can be done with an "lp" or "lpr" command,
> but equally it could be through a menu interface where the end user does
> not have an opportunity to provide command-line parameters.
>              Graham
>
> Michael Sweet wrote:
>
>>[STR Closed w/o Resolution]
>>
>>Your file did not make it...
>>
>>We do not support printing of PostScript files that use this sort of
>>functionality.  From what you are describing, the files are not
>>DSC-compliant and thus are not supported by CUPS.
>>
>>While we do make an attempt to support printing of non-compliant files, we
>>MUST add DSC comments and other printer-specific commands in order for the
>>files to print on many printers. You can use the "-oraw" option to bypass
>>the normal PostScript filtering to print these files to a PostScript
>>printer.
>>
>>The current behavior will not be changed.
>>
>>Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2054
>>Version: 1.2-current
>>Fix Version: Will Not Fix
>>

> --

> Dr Graham Freeman

In addition to Michael Sweet's proposals, you could
set up another print queue pointing to the same physical
printer and insert the line

*cupsFilter: "application/postscript 0 -"

into the PPD (near the beginning) to force
any PostScript jobs to be passed to the printer without
any filtering.

This may help in case utilities are being used which
don't permit to pass "unknown" options or "printer names"
containing slashes.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke