lpadmin OS X ppd

Erik Potteiger epotteiger at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 05:35:44 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am having trouble adding printers using a script and the lpadmin commmand.  I can add printers but I cannot figure out how to specifiy the proper ppd file with OS X.  I am able use use laserjet.ppd and the HP printers will work ok but without all of the features.  I installed the gimp print drivers for OS X but how do I specify the ppd file to use for a Laserjet 4350 or LaserJet 4050 as examples?  Also how do I specifiy the generic postscript driver in OS X using lpadmin?

Thank You