Hot folder as input to cups?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Sep 1 09:20:49 PDT 2006

gary carroll wrote:
> Is is possible to use a (shared) hot folder as input to cups? Drop files
> in, picked up and script determines what to do?
>
> Its easy to schedule cron to run a script to do something with them, but
> I would like a bit more granularity than the 1 minute cron offers.

I have a hack for SAMBA (most recently done for 3.0.20) which is based
on the "magic script" feature. It permits to define a script which does
whatever you want for each file dropped in via SMB, and the script start
is triggered by closing the dropped-in file.

If you are interested, I could send you a diff for the affected SAMBA
module.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke