[cups.general] difficulty adding printer in cups

Basanta Shrestha basanta at mpp.org.np
Wed Sep 6 03:17:04 PDT 2006

oh no paras,
it didn't work in live cd. But its works fine when I install from the
same cd. why? I get following error log.  Gave write permission to the
folder but didn't work.

E [06/Sep/2006:21:19:32 +0545] [cups-driverd] Unable to write
"/var/cache/cups/ppds.dat" - Permission denied
E [06/Sep/2006:21:19:40 +0545] [cups-driverd] Unable to write
"/var/cache/cups/ppds.dat" - Permission denied
E [06/Sep/2006:21:20:10 +0545] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized
E [06/Sep/2006:21:20:16 +0545] CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer: Unauthorized

Basanta