Cups always print landscape (two pages in one side)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Sep 6 09:52:38 PDT 2006

Mike Tammerman wrote:
> I have installed Cups 1.2.2 and I am able print documents. However, my
> documents are always printed in landscape orientation. If I send two
> pages to the printer, it prints both pages in one page (single side).
> My documents are scaled and fit to the half of the page. I searched
> every line of the conf files, but couldn't find a settings about it.

My first guess would be that you have number-up, landscape, or
orientation selected in your default options.  Use "lpoptions -p
printername" to see the default options for the printer you are
using.

The other possibility is that you are printing a PostScript file
that does not conform to the Adobe Document Structuring Conventions,
and thus are seeing the pages merged by the pstops filter.