Left margin cutoff when printing from client

csarid at utlxy.net csarid at utlxy.net
Wed Sep 6 13:10:44 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have a CUPS server 1.1.22 and clients which print to the server that have cups version 1.1.17.  The problem I have is that when I print any text document from the server to the printer the document is printed correctely. However, printing the same text document(ex. /etc/hosts or /etc/services) from the client, the documents get cutoff on the left margin all the way down the page. The solution I have so far is to run the http://localhost..admin and simply tell it to use a postscript driver. Then the text documents print in it's entirety, but the font is still a bit off.

Is there a way to control this problem without having to go into every client to force it to use a particular driver. Note: the clients are finding the printers via the auto discovery feature in cups and use the ipp feature to print.

Thanks!