where is the parallel port

Rance Hall rance at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 6 19:22:01 PDT 2006

I just got a freebsd 6.1 STABLE box running and installed the cups port which happens to be 1.2.2

I'm trying to add a printer that is connected to the parallel port.

using the web interface when I add the printer name and then go the devices page where I need to select the connection parallel is NOT an option,

parallel is an option in the back-ends dir, but it isnt available as a choice.

dmesg does show the printer properly loading and the device name assigned according to freebsd rules.

I did google for it, but I couldnt find anything useful

anybody seen this before?