HP DesignJet 1050 prints too short

Noam behemothkind at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 06:03:00 PDT 2006

If I understand it correctly pdftops uses xpdf to convert the pdf file. The thing is that xpdf can get only letter, legal, A4, A3 or match as paper size. But I want to print out A1, A2 and A0 formats. When I try this with two different printers I get a mess.

If the pdf is not of a standard size, the printers (HP DJ1050 and Oce400) rotates the print wrongly, cut it on the wrong length or prints only a part of it. If I create an A0 pdf using openOffice and cheking it with Acrobat reader to see that it is really A0, I get with the HP DJ1050 a print, which is a bit too short. If I try this with the Oce400 I get an A3 print. If I convert this pdf into a ps I get on the Oce400 exactly what I wanted: an A0. I still didn't manage to try it on the HP DJ1050.

One must say: If I print those pdfs from a windows client (i.e Acrobat Reader v. 7.0 or 6.0) I get exactly what I want - after I fit the pdf to the print size I want to have, using the acrobat reader driver.

Any ideas???

Noam