HP DesignJet 1050 prints too short

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Fri Sep 8 06:51:15 PDT 2006

Noam wrote:
> If I understand it correctly pdftops uses xpdf to convert the pdf file. The thing is that xpdf can get only letter, legal, A4, A3 or match as paper size. But I want to print out A1, A2 and A0 formats. When I try this with two different printers I get a mess.

The standard CUPS pdftops uses the Xpdf code base, but does NOT use
the same sizing algorithm as the Xpdf pdftops program.  To make things
more confusing, several Linux distributors are shipping a perl script
in place of the CUPS pdftops which does not support the standard CUPS
options and does not handle media sizes properly.

So my guess would be that you aren't getting the CUPS pdftops filter,
but the Linux distributor's replacement which is broken.