CUPS Suse 10.1 to WindowsXP printer sharing

Kris meson2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 11:36:08 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,
I am trying to get my Samsung ML-1740 printer shared from my Linux box (Suse 10.1) to my WinXP box.  The printer is connected locally to my linux box.  I can print fine locally.  I am trying to share the printer to Windows via CUPS.  I have sucessfully been able to get my Windows box to see the Linux printer using http://localhost:631/printers/printer name in the add new printers wizard in Windows.  However, whenever I try to actually print something, the job goes in my windows print queue and I get an Error status message.  There is no output at all on my printer.  I can't even print a test page.  I have the drivers for the printer installed under windows.  That is pretty much all I know.  Anyone have any ideas that I can try to get this to work? Thanks in advance!