Missing Driver Settings tab in KDE print dialog

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Sep 11 03:16:31 PDT 2006

JLP <jlp at holodeck1.com> wrote (Saturday 09 September 2006 17:47):

> But what I'm missing and I saw it there before is the Driver
> Settings tab in KDE 3.5.4 printing dialog. On this tab you had
> options to set things like the paper type and type of ink to use
> and you were able to set resolution and similar things. But now
> this tab is missing. What could be wrong?

For some reason, KDEPrint/kprinter don't get the PPD information
from cupsd when they ask for it.... I assume that is *not* a raw
print queue (which would not have a PPD, and hence not a Driver
Settings tab in the kprinter dialog)?

Can CUPS itself see the PPD properties? (Try it with this command:

  lpoptions -p printername -l

Replace "printername" with the queue you want to see).

Cheers,
Kurt