CUPS Suse 10.1 to WindowsXP printer sharing

Kris meson2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 11 06:08:24 PDT 2006

> > I have sucessfully been able to get my Windows box to see the Linux
> > printer using http://localhost:631/printers/printer name in the add new
> > printers wizard in Windows.
>
> I don't think localhost is the right printing server.
>
> Can you access http://<your_cups_server>:631/printers/<printer> with any web browser on your WindowsXP host?
>
> Maybe this helps you to install cups printers on windows with IPP.
> http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L238
>

> best regards!
> Bernd
Thanks for the input.  Localhost was just an example, I am using the actual ip address of my linux box.

I can sucessfully browse to my printer from a webbrowser on my XP machine. I can print a test page from the web interface just fine.  I just can't do it via Windows directly.

I will try the link you sent me tonight when I get home from work.  Thanks!