CUPS Suse 10.1 to WindowsXP printer sharing

Kris meson2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 08:28:30 PDT 2006

> > > I have sucessfully been able to get my Windows box to see the Linux
> > > printer using http://localhost:631/printers/printer name in the add new
> > > printers wizard in Windows.
> >
> > I don't think localhost is the right printing server.
> >
> > Can you access http://<your_cups_server>:631/printers/<printer> with any web browser on your WindowsXP host?
> >
> > Maybe this helps you to install cups printers on windows with IPP.
> > http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L238
> >

> > best regards!
> > Bernd
> Thanks for the input.  Localhost was just an example, I am using the actual ip address of my linux box.
>
> I can sucessfully browse to my printer from a webbrowser on my XP machine. I can print a test page from the web interface just fine.  I just can't do it via Windows directly.
>
> I will try the link you sent me tonight when I get home from work.  Thanks!

Yeah, I downloaded the program that you linked to and ran it.  It was in german so I couldn't really tell what was going on.  I think it said it was completed, but no printers were added to windows so I don't think this is going to help me.  Any other ideas why I can't network my printer from Linux?