[cups.general] Weird Cups to Cups problem.

Ben cups at ausipos.com
Wed Sep 13 04:23:57 PDT 2006

Hello List,

I have a really weird cups problem and have tried unsuccessfully to
solve it.

I have cups installed on two machines both debian linux, one of which
acts as a print server - I'll call it B, one which is for everyday use,
I'll call it A

Everything used to work perfectly, then something changed and I don't
know what. :(

I can print a test page from B perfectly. If I attempt to print from A
the page produced looks like it has to $ symbols on it. the first looks
like it is printed in bold (I think the printer is printing the letter
in the same position sever times), the second looks like it has printed
just once.

If I connect the printer directly to A it prints a test page fine.

I also have a third machine running windows, which still prints to B
perfectly. This leads me think that it is a problem with the set up on
A, but am at a loss as to what it may be.

The printer is an HP 5500 multifunction.

The drivers I am using for the printer are the HPOJ drivers, as I also
use sane to access the scanner.

I did have the HPLIP drivers installed previously, but removed them so
that I could access the scanner.

The drivers have been installed using aptitude, from debian packages.

can anybody provide any suggestions as to what may have gone wrong and
how I can fix it?

Cheers,

Ben.