duplex printing via samba

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Sep 13 07:29:29 PDT 2006

Michael De Vlaminck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I run cups 1.2.1 on Debian sarge. Our printers are HP4550 and HP3800. We
> have (several) samba servers to provide these printers to our windows users.
> The problem is that when printing a job via samba 3.0 (from ms word for
> example) the job always comes out simples, no matter if I select duplex
> long edge or short edge.
>
> What can be the problem here?
>
> thanks
> Michael

I guess the printer is configured to simplex printing by default.
And, in CUPS 1.2.1, the default settings from the PPD are inserted
into the PS stream at the end of the setup section, thus cancelling
whatever you set up in your Win printer setup.

This might be fixed already in CUPS 1.2.3, but I'm not really sure.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung