[cups.general] Fwd: very strange dot-matrix printer problem: randomly wrong print result (ghostscript-esc p2)

张韡武 zhangweiwu at realss.com
Wed Sep 13 22:55:53 PDT 2006

在 2006-09-13三的 12:38 -0400,Ambrose Li写道:
> [It looks like the CUPS mailing list's spam filters are misconfigured.
> Without any additional info, it looks like it is blindly rejecting
> mails in the GB2312 charset. Whoever in charge of the spam filters
> please fix them. Thanks.]

I am not sure... I saw Chinese text directly printed out when power-on
the printer with 'font' button pressed (means to print a setting menu).
Besides, the printer said it has a Chinese font stored in the printer,
however I cannot manage to print them out. E.g. 'echo 中文 > /dev/lp0'
only produce junk. Both UTF-8 and GB18030 has been tried.

> One additional thing you might want to check is the cables. This is
> not very likely, but it is possible that a bad cable or a loose
> connection can cause some data to randomly drop out, causing the
> problem you describe. I have seen this before.

Ah, yes, and now I purchased a second new wire, the result is.... the
same! This is really frustrating because this is the final last
show-stopper for us to move this shop to move everything to Linux.

Is it possible that this has something to do with the special printer
model? Because it is LQ-300K model, K probably means it has Chinese font
in it, there might be tiny difference between the real LQ-300 model.