[cups.general] very strange dot-matrix printer problem: randomly wrong print result (ghostscript-esc p2)

张韡武 zhangweiwu at realss.com
Wed Sep 13 23:04:11 PDT 2006

Two more 'wrong' page I printed today, someone really into printer
technology might tell something from it?

gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/I/users/weiwu/epson_lq-300_incorrect_chinese_output.png
gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/I/users/weiwu/epson_lq-300_incorrect_english_output.png

Do you notice in some lines, the upper part of the line is shifted left
or right a bit? Normally this is not a problem, but it happen randomly,
in worse situation, that error cause a spreadsheet to shift a row of
digit left/right/down/up to another column, e.g. price for a single
product is printed as price of total sum (not acceptable for a shop).
When the printer recover from 'wrong mode', the printer result is 100%
correct, no single dot shifted left or right or up or down.