[cups.general] very strange dot-matrix printer problem: randomly wrong print result (ghostscript-esc p2)

Franz Pfoertsch franz.pfoertsch at brose.net
Thu Sep 14 01:55:29 PDT 2006

Hi,

I read your long thread but I have a little question.

What kind or cabling are you using Parallel or USB?

Years ago I had big problems with my old printer because the trounding of
this device was bad.
Sometime the printer generated randomly characters or loose them.

Please explain, why should this work:

  echo '\r中文\r\f' > /dev/lp0

All _international_ printers are using ascii 8-bit in the different
flavours.

In my opinion you should test the printer only with postscript-files or
preformated esc/p2 files (Print to file from windows).

regards
Franz