CUPS Suse 10.1 to WindowsXP printer sharing

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at rewe-group.at
Thu Sep 14 02:19:12 PDT 2006

> > > I don't think localhost is the right printing server.
> > >
> > > Can you access http://<your_cups_server>:631/printers/<printer> with any web browser on your WindowsXP host?
> > >
> > > Maybe this helps you to install cups printers on windows with IPP.
> > > http://www.cups.org/articles.php?L238
> > >

> > > best regards!
> > > Bernd
> > Thanks for the input.  Localhost was just an example, I am using the actual ip address of my linux box.
> >
> > I can sucessfully browse to my printer from a webbrowser on my XP machine. I can print a test page from the web interface just fine.  I just can't do it via Windows directly.
> >
> > I will try the link you sent me tonight when I get home from work.  Thanks!
>

> Yeah, I downloaded the program that you linked to and ran it.  It was in german so I couldn't really tell what was going on.  I think it said it was completed, but no printers were added to windows so I don't think this is going to help me.  Any other ideas why I can't network my printer from Linux?

Did you copy the file ps5ui.dll, pscript5.dll, pscript.hlp and pscript.ntf to the program directory before you started the program?

Another way should be:
Install Adobe Postscript Printer Driver and add your PPD during installation, because you can't do afterwards (at least I don't know how).

If printing still doesn't work, please post all useful lines from your cups error log.

best regards
Bernd!