CUPS 1.2.3 - fail-over feature

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Thu Sep 14 11:34:57 PDT 2006

> angelb wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > I have two servers configured for load-balancing and fail-over
> > operations. Load balancing performs very nicely but the fail-over
> > feature doesn't seem to work, at least in my environment.
> > It appears the fail-safe operation is not working properly or I may
> > have configured the servers incorrectly. If one of the servers is
> > down, as shown in my tests above, some jobs will be lost.
> >
> > Any idea on how to correct this?
>
> We'll need more information - what is logged on the client for those
> missing jobs?  On the server?
>
> --

Sent in seperate email.

Briefly looking at the client log, I noticed the client was trying to
send its job to the downed server. My understanding with the failover
feature is that the client automatically send its job to the next avail
server when the other server is down. That is not the case in my test
environment.

Please let me know if you need additional information from either the
client or servers.

Thanks!
Angel