[cups.general] Chinese users, use UTF-8, or at least GB18030

张韡武 zhangweiwu at realss.com
Fri Sep 15 22:30:47 PDT 2006

在 2006-09-15五的 21:32 -0400,Bob Rosenberg写道:
> At 18:59 -0400 on 09/15/2006, Michael Sweet wrote about Re:
> [cups.general] Chinese users, use UTF-8, or at least GB:

> >>  The only problem with this is that this server hosts cups at easysw.com
> >>  which is a mailing list for USERS, and some users are going to be
> >>  Chinese.
> >
> >and the lists a English language lists...
> >
> >>  Some people put their Chinese name in "From". So when a Chinese person
> >>  tries to send a question (or when someone tries to reply to a Chinese
> >>  person), the posting is blocked if the software defaults to GB2312 for
> >>  Chinese.
> >  > ...
> >
> >We're not going to change our message filters, sorry.

So, if you really cannot change filter, then how about a message in the
email signature (added by the mailing list) or at least in the
"congratulations, you have subscribed" email, saying:

        Please try post in UTF-8 charset because we relieved too many
        spam from China/Korean/Japanese. Here is how to switch your
        email software to use UTF-8: <a link with a good
        easy-to-understand-article recommending UTF-8 and with howto for
        major email clients>

Tell me if you need to google out such an article to be use as
reference, I can try help you find out such article, especially if you
need it in Chinese.