Invalid print job being created on Windows

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Sep 21 11:04:07 PDT 2006

> > The PPD file from the server which Dell provides is at
> > http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~hyclak/Dell_3110cn.ppd
> >
> > The PPD file from a Windows machine (from C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3) is at
> > http://www.math.ohiou.edu/~hyclak/color416.ppd
>
> Yup, that's the problem.  Try changing the following lines:
>
>      *OrderDependency: 10 JCLSetup *cupsJobHoldUntil
>      *OrderDependency: 20 JCLSetup *cupsJobSheetsStart
>      *OrderDependency: 21 JCLSetup *cupsJobSheetsEnd
>
> to:
>
>      *OrderDependency: 0 JCLSetup *cupsJobHoldUntil
>      *OrderDependency: 1 JCLSetup *cupsJobSheetsStart
>      *OrderDependency: 2 JCLSetup *cupsJobSheetsEnd
>
> on the Windows system.

Bingo, that did it.

Where is the right place to have this fixed? Dell's PPD? Is it a cupsaddsmb problem? Is it a RedHat problem in not porting cupsaddsmb correctly?

I'm assuming I can fix this once on the samba server instead of having to touch every machine individually.

Thanks for the help, I'll be happy to complain to Dell if that's where the problem lies.

Matt