[cups.general] Is is possible to have one queue with two printers printing the same?

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Fri Sep 22 06:36:05 PDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 09:25:04AM -0400, Bas Goes wrote:

> Can I define a class or a printqueue which sends the same job to
> two printers? I'm not able send the same printjob twice without a
> lot of hassle so I'm looking for options.

I don't think it's possible to do this natively with CUPS.

<shameless plug="on">

But, Tea4CUPS seems to do exactly what you want, and more :

        http://www.pykota.com/software/tea4cups/

</shameless>

As an alternative you can write your own backend to do this,
look at CUPS' documentation for details, and `man backend`
as well.

bye

Jerome Alet