HP DesignJet 1050 prints too short

Noam behemothkind at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 25 00:43:09 PDT 2006

Hi Helge,

After about one year (!) I managed to solve the mystery. It seems that you were right and the PDFs weren't correctly converted so my printers would be able to 'understand' them correctly.

The solution:
1. Use PDFtoPS including print size, like this: pdftops myPDF.pdf -paperw 3370 -paperh 2384 -expand myPS.ps (this will convert any size to A0)
2. Than use PS2PS to convert the outputted PS to PS, like this: ps2ps myPS.ps myPS_B.ps  (don't ask me why - this simply works!)

Using this method I am able to convert any PDF to any desired print size. This method works only with the Oce400 plotter, which is a black&white printer. For some reason I can't get it to properly work with the DJ1050C. I am sorry it took me so long to write it down but I was out of office for a few days. I hope this may help someone in the future.

I would love to hear what you guys think of this...

Noam