Kyocera FS-1000 have no output. no errors.

Robert Gruener rgruener at online.de
Tue Sep 26 03:26:40 PDT 2006

lb wrote:

> So In order to confirm the trouble, I have changed the printer from Kyocera FS-1000 to Canon bjc-1000(I install another driver for it .)  then it can print normally.
>
> Why the Kyocera FS-1000 can't print anything??

The requested file type for your job is  application/postscript.
The FS-1000 series does not have postscript as a standard emulation,
only as an option. So maybe your FS-1000 is just capable of printing PCL
and ignores PS. Try connecting another Kyocera Postscriptprinter and see
what will happen. Or try using a PCL driver. Anyway the data LED of the
printer should flicker while receiving print jobs, even if they do not
come out.

--

Gruss / Cheers

Robert