Job-hold-until, SSL, web admin mod on MAC OS X ?????

Phil Krochmal pk000075545 at ltu.edu
Tue Sep 26 20:29:12 PDT 2006

Ok guys,

The system is a MAC OS X Server. As some may note long ago, I am using this to (hopefully) take over for the Win2k3 server running an NT 4.0 print managing software program. I have already upgraded the system to the latest version of CUPS 1.2.4

Now part 1 of my question is the following:
I have read something about using ->>> lpoptions -p (printer name) -o job-hold-until=indefinite

Now if this is what I type in, then will it make it the default setting once I preform the command in the system? If not then how do i setup the thing to do this?

Part 2 of this question is how the devil do I setup SSL secure connection for the ye-old problem of HTTPS:/server_ip:631/ or was this corrected in 1.2.4?

Finally, I read in one of the earlier forum message that it is possible to mod the web admin queue listing from 10 a page to a larger number? However, I understand that it is a setting that I need to change in a PERL related file found in the CUPS program? Where is this setting or when will this modification be added to CUPS?

Thanks,
Phil Krochmal