Kyocera FS-1000 have no output. no errors.

lb rubil_pub at 163.com
Tue Sep 26 20:46:43 PDT 2006

> lb wrote:
>

> > So In order to confirm the trouble, I have changed the printer from Kyocera FS-1000 to Canon bjc-1000(I install another driver for it .)  then it can print normally.
> >
> > Why the Kyocera FS-1000 can't print anything??
> >

> The requested file type for your job is  application/postscript.
> The FS-1000 series does not have postscript as a standard emulation,
> only as an option. So maybe your FS-1000 is just capable of printing PCL
> and ignores PS. Try connecting another Kyocera Postscriptprinter and see
> what will happen. Or try using a PCL driver. Anyway the data LED of the
> printer should flicker while receiving print jobs, even if they do not
> come out.
>
> --
>

> Gruss / Cheers
>
> Robert

Thanks for your help.

The data LED of the FS-1000 printer was flicker about 2 months ago and can print normally.(Same PC and system and driver) , but now the LED of printer can't flicker when I print jobs.  I used Kyocera FS-1000 Foomatic/pxmolo driver for it . and Foomatic-rip & foomatic-gswrapper scripts.