Job-hold-until, SSL, web admin mod on MAC OS X ?????

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Sep 27 06:12:44 PDT 2006

Phil Krochmal wrote:
> Now part 1 of my question is the following: I have read something
> about using ->>> lpoptions -p (printer name) -o
> job-hold-until=indefinite
 >
> Now if this is what I type in, then will it make it the default
> setting once I preform the command in the system? If not then how do
> i setup the thing to do this?

You actually want to use:

     lpadmin -p printername -o job-hold-until-default=indefinite

> Part 2 of this question is how the devil do I setup SSL secure
> connection for the ye-old problem of HTTPS:/server_ip:631/ or was
> this corrected in 1.2.4?

Starting with 1.2, the scheduler can handle SSL connections on the
same port as non-SSL connections, so that "issue" is resolved.

> Finally, I read in one of the earlier forum message that it is
> possible to mod the web admin queue listing from 10 a page to a
> larger number? However, I understand that it is a setting that I need
> to change in a PERL related file found in the CUPS program? Where is
> this setting or when will this modification be added to CUPS?

It isn't a "Perl related file" - CUPS doesn't use Perl.  You'd need
to edit the source code (cgi-bin/ipp-vars.c) to change the PAGEMAX
setting.