Printing PDF skipping characters

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Sep 27 07:10:41 PDT 2006

Jeff Chandler wrote:
>>>Yes, it only needs a wrapper script similar to what you have for wrapping xpdf's pdftops. I'm
>>>going to write such a script during next week or so (I need such a beast for myself
>>>according to certain color quirks). Let me know if you are intersted.
>>>

> Helge,
>
> I am printing to a HP 9500 Color Laserjet printer.  This printer natively supports printing PDFs.  Is there a way that I can send the PDF directly to the printer without converting it to PS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Insert into your printer's PPD the line

*cupsFilter: "application/pdf 0 -"

to tell CUPS that this is the (one of the) native format(s) the printer
understands.

Thus the PDFs will directly passed to the printer. But note that
you then can only those job attributes the printer itself can
handle.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke