Printing PDF skipping characters

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Sep 27 07:24:10 PDT 2006

Jeff Chandler wrote:
>>Yes, it only needs a wrapper script similar to what you have for wrapping xpdf's pdftops. I'm
>>going to write such a script during next week or so (I need such a beast for myself
>>according to certain color quirks). Let me know if you are intersted.
>>

> Yes, I'm definitely interested.  The sooner the better, but in the mean time I need to do some more testing on other PDFs to make sure they print all right through the acroread -toPostScript conversion.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff
>

>>--
>>Helge Blischke
>>Softwareentwicklung
>>SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom
>>http://www.srz.de

I've extended the "alternate pdftops filter" to use either xpdf's pdftops or
Adobe Reader (acroread) as the real filter program, and it works using
Reader 7.0x.

I'm just adding some sugar (e.g. to configure it to use either program,
one of it preferred but the other one selectable by a command line
option (e.e. job attribute)).

I'll post it to the links section of cups.org until tomorrow afternoon.

Be patient ...

Helge