Job-hold-until, SSL, web admin mod on MAC OS X ?????

Phil Krochmal pk000075545 at ltu.edu
Wed Sep 27 08:33:10 PDT 2006

> Phil Krochmal wrote:
> > Now part 1 of my question is the following: I have read something
> > about using ->>> lpoptions -p (printer name) -o
> > job-hold-until=indefinite
>  >
> > Now if this is what I type in, then will it make it the default
> > setting once I preform the command in the system? If not then how do
> > i setup the thing to do this?
>
> You actually want to use:
>
>      lpadmin -p printername -o job-hold-until-default=indefinite
>
> > Part 2 of this question is how the devil do I setup SSL secure
> > connection for the ye-old problem of HTTPS:/server_ip:631/ or was
> > this corrected in 1.2.4?
>
> Starting with 1.2, the scheduler can handle SSL connections on the
> same port as non-SSL connections, so that "issue" is resolved.
>
> > Finally, I read in one of the earlier forum message that it is
> > possible to mod the web admin queue listing from 10 a page to a
> > larger number? However, I understand that it is a setting that I need
> > to change in a PERL related file found in the CUPS program? Where is
> > this setting or when will this modification be added to CUPS?
>
> It isn't a "Perl related file" - CUPS doesn't use Perl.  You'd need
> to edit the source code (cgi-bin/ipp-vars.c) to change the PAGEMAX
> setting.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Publishing Software        http://www.easysw.com

Well, I have nto tried the first two items yet today, but I am curious witht he last one. For those of us that are not source code compiling savvy, is it a file I can edit after the Mac DMG file installs? If so, then where is it located in the Mac OS X file system? Otherwise, I am going to need assistance with compiling the source code on my own. Hence my question with an easy way to get access to it and wonder when that will be made into an easily changable item for the non-programmer. I would have figured there would be an option build into the web admin for just this event. Thanks and I'll let ya know how the otehr two turn out.