Deleting Jobs from Windows

jklaas.umich jklaas at umich.edu
Wed Sep 27 08:40:38 PDT 2006

I've seen this discussed in a couple places already, but I have yet to succeed in getting it to work.

I'm running CUPS 1.1.23 with Windows XP IPP clients.  Whenever I try to cancel a job from the Windows client I always get the message:

E [27/Sep/2006:11:23:10 -0400] cancel_job: "anonymous" not authorized to delete job id 20 owned by "USER"!

Is this a Windows client issue or a CUPS server issue?  If it's a Windows client issue, does anyone know of any non-obvious settings to get Windows to submit the username for the cancel, it obviously does when it submits the job.

If it's a CUPS server issue, are there any settings or patches that will allow the passing of this information?

James Klaas