Authentication certificate not found, can't print

rhauff rhauff at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 06:52:56 PDT 2006

System=Xandros 3.0, now mostly Debian upgrades.

I have not printed for a month, and find it does not work at all now. Have tried from KDE apps, non-KDE apps, and "lp" command. The jobs queue, but never print.

I found in the KDE Control Center and also kprinter, that the printer list was not accessable. After much Googling, I found I needed to comment out the following line in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock

Now I can see the printers and edit properties, but still no printing.

Local printers work, the printer I'm having problems with is a stand-alone network printer. I checked the CUPS error log and there are hundreds of these from a print attempt:

cupsdAuthorize: Local authentication certificate not found!

Cups is version 1.2.4

Any ideas?  Thanks