Authentication certificate not found, can't print

rhauff rhauff at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 07:34:36 PDT 2006

Interesting that you ask that.  I did not have a
/etc/cups/certs directory 2 hours ago.  I was reading the CUPS admin guide (I believe) and saw that's where it looks for the certificate.
My system has the certificate in /var/lib/cups/certs.
I created an /etc/cups/certs dir and symlinked /var/lib/cups/certs/0 into it.

Of course this did not work, that's about when I posted here.

Why should this even be checked with "Basic" authentication?