Old application that output only for IBM PROPRINTER

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Sep 29 08:49:17 PDT 2006

poupinot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a old application that only work with IBM PROPRINTER emulation.
> Is it possible to convert with CUPS this input to PCL or POSTSCRIPT format ?
>
> Thanks

You would need to interprete the printer specific code.
I don't know of any existing proprinter emulation (except as an
hardware plug-in for some HP printers), but it could be done
in PostScript (rather than translating it into PCL),
as PostScript is a programming language.

After a quick glance at the proprinter's contol sequences,
I'd roughly estimate 3 to 4 person-days for development.

Helge

PS: I' know what I'm talking about, as I have written e.g. a Kyocera
PRESCRIBE-1 emulation in PostScript.
--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung