[cups.bugs] [CRIT] STR #1961: CUPS goes into a tight processor loop

Chris Langshaw chris.langshaw at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 6 04:45:39 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Further developments.Rebooted this morning and the problem returned.

cupsd looping again. .conf file (cupsd.conf.bad1) attached.

Browser connection to 127.0.0.1:631 is OK
Printed test page from browser interface - OK
cupsd then stopped looping until I attempted to start Citrix client.
Citrix session setup hangs, cupsd starts to loop again. Killing the Citrix
client process doesn't stop cupsd from looping.

Printing test page from browser again OK but very slow.
Still looping.
Doesn't seem to be any network traffic, so it doesn't look like cups is
constantly trying to talk to the print server.

cupsd stopped looping. Some kind of timer? 5 minutes?

"Modify Printer" from browser interface. Looping started again. Browser
waiting......
Killed browser after 6 minutes, restarted. cupsd still looping.

Next I will try deleting the printer, reboot, take a copy of the .conf,
redefine the printer, copy .conf again, and try to make it loop again (not
sure how).

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1961
Version: 1.2.3