[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #1972: Page doesn't eject at end of job on RX500

Drew DeNardo drew at denardo.com
Thu Sep 14 05:34:09 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Today I'm using Fedora Core 5 (FC5) and an Epson Stylus Photo RX500.  If
you print anything to the printer (via lp or lpd) the job prints but the
printer stops after it is finished printing the last page without ejecting
that page.  The LCD on the printer still says "Printing ...", and none of
the buttons on the printer will do anything (except for the power button).
 If you send a new job it does eject the last page of the prior job, and
then prints the new job, stopping without ejecting its last page.

Everything worked fine when I was using Fedora Core 4 (FC4).  Both local
print jobs and Windows print jobs (send over the network via lpd) worked
fine.  I brought my work laptop (which runs FC5), and used it to print to
the printer via lpd (printer still connected to the FC4 machine) and it
wouldn't eject the last page.  If I subsequently printed a job from the
FC4 machine it would work fine.  I upgraded the FC4 machine to FC5, and
now I always get this "won't eject page" behavior.

If I disconnect the printer from my FC5 machine and plug it into my wife's
Windows machine (no CUPS involved when the printer is directly connected
to her Windows machine), it works fine, so I believe this rules out a
hardware problem with my printer.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1972
Version: 1.2.3