Improper Copy Accounting on Windows

jklaas.umich jklaas at umich.edu
Tue Sep 19 05:34:22 PDT 2006

I've seen this issue come up repeatedly, but never addressed.

I've been trying to get CUPS to be our primary print server here and I've run into repeated problems with page counts.  This has prevented us from using CUPS as the primary server.

I am finally to the point of having the Windows clients having correct page counts instead of just 1 page for each job.  Now, I've come to find that if I print multiple copies from Windows, it fails to account for those copies.

We are currently using Windows XP.  I've tried this with the native drivers, some modified drivers to improve page accounting as well as setting up the queues using the "ESP Print Pro" client for Windows.  Am I missing something basic?

This happens with CUPS v.1.1.18 as well as 1.1.23

James Klaas