Printing thai text

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Sep 25 05:21:42 PDT 2006

Bob Allen wrote:
> I cannot print thai text correctly. The problem is that accents and tall characters get cut off at the top and sometimes the left edge. It works correctly for large (30pt or more) characters but not 12 or 20pt.
>
> It dosen't matter what application I use, the results are the same. The sceen looks correct and if I paste text into gimp and create a gif file it's fine as you would expect.
>
> I think you need to increase the size of the box for Thai characters.

Well, if this is happening for *all* applications, I would suspect
the problem is with the PostScript being generated by the application
toolkit or a problem with the fonts.

In any case, we'd need to see a sample print file (print to a file
from your application) before we can help you.

Also, it would be useful to know the following information about your
environment:

     1. Operating system
     2. Version of CUPS
     3. Printer driver