Problems with Adobe PDF printer after update

Michael Jones digital_dreamer at mac.com
Tue Apr 3 12:00:11 PDT 2007

Anybody have any issues with the Adobe PDF printer after updating CUPS?
I updated my OS X (10.4) system from CUPS 1.1 to 1.2.9, then immediately to 1.2.10. Couldn't print at all with 1.2.9!

Anyhow, printing to network printers is no problem, but the crash log reveals that DistillerIntf crashes during each print to the PDF printer, resulting in a error and stopping the Print Queue.

Interestingly enough, the Acrobat Distiller application will still function, so it's just a print to Distiller issue.

I can have Acrobat install the "missing components," but it doesn't fix anything.

I will re-install Acrobat 7.0 Pro and see if that fixes it. If not, it looks like I'll be downgrading to CUPS 1.1 via OS X 10.4 install and combo updates. Keeping fingers crossed.

regards,
MAJ