cups-pdf - problem with file names of exported pdfs

Kurt Pfeifle kurt.pfeifle at infotec.com
Wed Apr 4 03:04:09 PDT 2007

> Hello
> After few hours I have a running cups-pdf. Everything is ok but:
>
> When I "print" in output folder appear a pdf file but it's name is "job_19-untitled_document.pdf" instead "myfilename.pdf" (where myfilename is for example myfilename.doc)
>
> Where can I change this behaviour?

I don't know your "cups-pdf". This must be a third-party addon to CUPS, many of which are available on the 'Net.

Maybe you can to look through all files of the cups-pdf package to spot a configuration file which may have a knob to tweak the filename?

On Debian, you'd use:

   dpkg -L cups-pdf.deb

On an RPM-based distro, use

   rpm -qil cups-pdf.rpm

Otherwise, contact the author of cups-pdf to find out.