Postscript printing issue

Leigh Koven lkoven at astro.princeton.edu
Mon Apr 9 12:21:10 PDT 2007

Hi folks,

Really sorry to bother you with this, but our users are having a problem since
we moved from our old RedHat 8 print server running CUPS 1.1.17 (from the looks
of it) to our Fedora Core 6 running 1.2.7. We have a program written locally
(which I didn't write) which generates graphs... typically large ones. The
problem is, prior to the upgrade, the graphs would resize themselves to fit
letter-sized paper when we printed them and now they don't. Instead we get a
significant blow-up of the lower left-hand corner of the graph. If we have users
print directly to the printers (using -o raw) the printers seem to handle
resizing fine.
Unfortunately, Postscript is pretty much greek to me. I was wondering if someone
 who knows a lot more about this than I do could let me know if this is expected
behavior for a file such as the one I've attached. If CUPS is doing what it
should be doing for this file, then I need to bug the person who wrote the
application to fix his code.
If you need any more information from me (about cups config or the like) please
let me know!

Thanks,
-Leigh