General: How setup multiple CUPS servers

David fidel at hektor.dyndns.org
Tue Apr 10 02:04:59 PDT 2007

I am confused about setting up a tiny network with two CUPS servers.
With a client I would be able to print on two different CUPS servers. As far as I know I would need to set the ServerName in /etc/cups/client.conf on the client so that the client finds the server. Since I can only set one ServerName I would need to change that file every time the other printer is wanted. Is there another solution that makes it possible to choose the printer?
How would I need to proceed for the following setup, so that the Notebook can print on both printers without changing /etc/cups/client.conf?:

Notebook ---------> CUPS1 -> Printer1
         ¦
         ¦
         ----------> CUPS2 -> Printer2