can't cancel job

dave doppiacoppia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 02:00:06 PDT 2007

> hi! i can't cancel jobs from web administrator tool. When i push the button "cancel job" i have a "client-error-forbidden" error, and i don't know why. This is my cupsd.conf configuration file:
>
> ServerName Mercy
> ServerAdmin root at avalon
> Port 631
> AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
> ErrorLog  /var/log/cups/error_log
> LogLevel  debug
> MaxClients 100
> RunAsUser No
> AuthType None
>
> <Location />
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from 192.168.0.*
> Allow from 127.0.0.1
> Allow from localhost
> </Location>
>
> <Location /admin>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from 192.168.0.*
> Allow from 127.0.0.1
> Allow from localhost
> </Location>
>
> <Location /jobs>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from 192.168.0.*
> Allow from 127.0.0.1
> Allow from localhost
> </Location>
>

> please help me!!!

please someone help me!!! i've just upgraded cups to the last version, and this is my new cupsd.conf file....i couldn't always cancel single job because i get a "client-error-forbidden" message, please help me!!

/etc/cups/cupsd.conf:

ServerName Mercy
ServerAdmin root at avalon
Allow remote access
# Allow remote access
Port 631
AccessLog /var/log/cups/access_log
ErrorLog /var/log/cups/error_log
LogLevel debug
MaxClients 100
<Location />
  # Allow shared printing and remote administration...
#  Order allow,deny
#  Allow @LOCAL
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 192.168.0.*
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
  Allow from localhost
</Location>
<Location /admin>
  # Allow remote administration...
 # Order allow,deny
#  Allow @LOCAL
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 192.168.0.*
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
  Allow from localhost
</Location>
<Location /jobs>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from 192.168.0.*
  Allow from 127.0.0.1
  Allow from localhost
</Location>
# Enable printer sharing and shared printers.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow all
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
<Location /admin/conf>
  # Allow remote access to the configuration files...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>
# Enable printer sharing and shared printers.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow all
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
<Location /admin/conf>
  # Allow remote access to the configuration files...
  Order allow,deny
  Allow @LOCAL
</Location>
<Policy default>
  <Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job>
    Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM @avalon
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all
  </Limit>
  <Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Set-Printer-Attributes Enable-Printer Disable-Printer Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Add-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Class CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Accept-Jobs CUPS-Reject-Jobs CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Add-Device CUPS-Delete-Device>
    AuthType Basic
    Require user @SYSTEM @avalon
    Order deny,allow
    Allow from all