Getting ProductName when using windows drivers

Dave Fullerton dfullerton at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Apr 16 09:05:10 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to use the cups windows drivers to print to a Deskjet 5650 printer. I have the printer set up in CUPS, I have the cups drivers added to samba via cupsaddsmb and I can connect to the printer in windows just fine. The problem is every printout from windows starts with a page with just "%%[ ProductName: ESP Ghostscript ]%%" at the top, then my actual printout, then another page with "%%[Page: 1]%%\n%%[LastPage]%%". I only get this when printing from windows using the postscript drivers to a non-postscript printer. Printing from CUPS directly works just fine. It also works fine when using the windows drivers on a real postscript printer. I've googled all over but I seem to be the only one having this problem (or isn't smart enough to fix it). Can somone tell me what I'm missing?

I'm using CUPS 1.2.10 with ESP Ghostscript 8.15.3 (2006-08-25) and hpijs 2.1.4 on Slackware 11.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks