A problematic PDF file

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Wed Apr 18 10:29:07 PDT 2007

Tahir Hassan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to print this pdf file:
>
> tnerual.eriogerg.free.fr/vimqrc.pdf
>
> and I cant seem to do it. I tried:
>
> lp vimqrc.pdf
>
> and then I tried:
>
> lp -o landscape vimqrc.pdf
>
> which also printed wrongly.  What do I do?  If anybody else can figure this out please reply even though it is an easy question to answer.
>
> Please tell me your command options.
>
> -Tahir

When using both the "alternate pdftops filter" and the "alternate pstops filter"
(see the links at the CUPS site) it prints correctly.

My guess is: as the PDF sets the media box for both pages to [842 596]
(which is an A4 transverse page), this gets lost during CUPS's pdftops
filter.

Try to convert it to a PS file using xpdf's pdftops (do not forget
to supply the option "-paper match" ) and print the resulting PostScript
file. Is that OK?

Helge

--
Helge Blischke