cups priniting quota for individual users

vinayan K P cups.kp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 03:05:15 PDT 2007

Hello all and let me thank all of you in advance.

I am trying to set printing quota for my samba users.  Is there a way (command ) I can define seperate printing quota limits to different users??

For example : 50 pages for userA
              100 pages for userB
              etc

I found that I can set up commom quota for all the users with the following command.

root# lpadmin -p quotaprinter -o job-quota-period=604800 \
	-o job-k-limit=1024 -o job-page-limit=100

which would limit every single user to print no more than 100 pages or 1024 KB of data (whichever comes first) within the last 604,800 seconds ( = 1 week).

But this is not very useful for me.  Hope someone could help me to set up different print quota sizes to different users.

Looking forward for an early solution.

Regards
Vinu