[cups.general] one-page-at-a-time

Dr. Scott S. Jones scott at fyrenice.com
Wed Apr 25 16:04:13 PDT 2007

+++ Till Kamppeter [25/04/07 23:15 +0100]:
> For me it looks like that if the printer does not get any special
> instructions from the driver it defaults to manual feeding.

I am not sure if it defaults that way, the printer. Otherwise I am unsure
how windows print jobs can just print, without problem

> Does the printer have front panel menus? If so, check whether one can
> turn on and off manual feeding there.

The printer does have 6 control buttons and one display...and I checked and
it said "MAN FEED    OFF"   i.e., manual feed is OFF.....not ON....

> Otherwise try also other drivers which make this printer work (HPIJS,
> Gutenprint, or the laserjet.ppd which comes with CUPS). Report here
> whether one or more of the other drivers make the printer doing
> automatic paper feeding. Also replacing ESP GhostScript by GPL
> GhostScript could help.

I havent' tried other drivers...but I guess I can give that a spin.

any wor on packages for debian, for gpl ghostscript...I'lll check on those
too.