Printer does not show up in network

Axel Braun axel.removeme.braun at gmx.de
Thu Apr 26 23:20:07 PDT 2007

Gents,

I have troubles getting a printer into the network:

I upgraded (via new install) a PC from SuSE 10.0 to 10.2, now running CUPS
1.2.7 The printer is configures, printing from the local machine, but does
not show up in the network, although it claims to be shared (publiziert). A
firewall is not active.

This is what CUPS says about this printer:

***
Beschreibung: HP Colorlaserjet 2550N
Ort: northpole
Marke und Modell: HP Color LaserJet 2550 Series Postscript (recommended)
Druckerstatus: frei, Aufträge akzeptieren, publiziert.
Geräte URI: parallel:/dev/lp0
***

/etc/cupsd.conf has the entries:

***
LogLevel debug

Listen localhost:631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
BrowseAllow 192.168.0.0/24       <- my local network

<Location />
Order allow,deny
Allow From localhost
Allow From 127.0.0.2
Allow from 192.168.0.0/24
</Location>
***

The log does not give any hints. A check from a machine in the network
says 'Printer can not be reached'.
On the other hand, this machine in trouble can print to other PC in the
network.

I'm a little stuck in what I can try else.

Any hints appreciated.
Thanks
Axel

--
remove removeme before personal mailing. Thx